There are two ways to approach payment systems for your web site. You may choose to use third party services such as PayPal and World Pay or you can take credit card payments directly through your own web site.
Third Party Web Payment Services
Whilst Paypal can be branded to fit with the style of your company web site, the URL will be different and the Paypal input fields fixed on screen. It can be just as cost effective to integrate a payment solution to your web site. Often, your own credit card provider can offer cheaper transaction terms.
VSI-thinking has worked with a number of third party secure payment API solutions, including CommsXL for Thomas Cook, Secure Trading for Redstone and more recently StreamServe for PM Professional. We are a partner of Secure Trading and their payment gateway is part of our framework, which offers a reduced cost solution for online payments.
An integrated payment solution offers the following benefits;
- Customers are retained on your web site, and feel more comfortable to provide payment details.
- Brand presentation and identity is retained.
- Payment can be integrated into your database systems.
- Product databases
- Marketing database
- Associated products
- Confirmation and invoicing would be under control of your web site.
- Reduced cost to your business.